PCR needed??- ADDED INFO, SORRY

Hey Dr Bob! Let me just start by saying hottie-to-trottie!!! lol too bad your gay! Now that I have your attention. I have a question that my family doctor calls anxiety driven, but I just feel like I want to be certain. My situation is that I have - like many, had many potential exposures. An unprofessional tattoo, a few sex partners, and a cut at the nail salon. I have been tested - with an anitbody test. I also have a seemingly healthy toddler. So, I guess first I would just like to know - is being cut, with some blood at a nail salon an HIV risk? My last unprotected exposure ( outside my now marriage) was with a friend I have known for years. It was brief, but ejaculation did occur. I got a 2 day flu like illness 4 weeks later which scared me. I was tested after this and it was neg and my husband ( who I had been having unprotected sex with for about 8 months after this) also tested and was neg. My BIG question is this; My dad has a primary immunodeficiency. Where he has a low immune system and his platelets are dangerously low. I know this is hereditary lots of times. My platelets have started to drop a little, and I've been getting sick mroe than usual so they are monitoring me for it as well. My doc recently checked me IG levels and all were in normal ranges so far but my question is, could I have a primary defienciency that would alter my HIV AB test, just not low enough to be diagnosed yet? I know that CVID can do this, and though my dad's is not actually CVID, the does have altered subclass deficiencies. I keep becoming a little paranoid that maybe I have CVID and my levels were low, but I have been infected with HIV, which have driven my levels up to normal range, therefore everything seems fine. Ok, now that I read it, I see my doctors point. Anyway. I really respect everything you say here, and I'm hoping - Dr sweet cheeks, that you might be able to give me a bit of insight. Do you think I need a PCR test to be conclusive? We're thinking of conceiving again, but I feel I should be 100% sure of my status before I try. Thanks so much, Dr BOB!!! FORGOT to mention, donation will be on its way, YOU ROCK!

"OK, now that I read it, I see my doctor's point." Me too!

Your IgG levels are normal; therefore, you do not have CVID by definition. (HIV wouldn't change this!)

Your negative HIV-antibody test results are definitive and conclusive. No further HIV testing, including PCR testing, is warranted.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well.

PLEASE DON'T THROW ME TO THE DOGS QUITE YET ,, Dr. Bob.... I trust you !! Last inquiry -- Promise.
A little rubbing + a little wetness = a lot of fear.