curious

In april I had an hiv test done with results of a positive elisa and a indeterminate wb. In may I went to another doctor and the test came back negative. I tested again in october and it also came back negative. I may sound a lil nuts but should I be worried about this still? The last time I had unprotected sex was in janurary with someone I love and trust. I am female and heterosexual. I have had unprotected sex before with men I had long term relationships with but prior to may I also had negative test results on both rapid testing and regular testing. What could have caused this? I did not go back to the first dr for results because his stupid nurse told me over the phone and I figured they were incompetent. I'm driving myself crazy, please help.

Your reactive (positive) ELISA and indeterminate Western Blot test in April were false positive/indeterminate. This is conclusively proven by your subsequent negative HIV-antibody tests obtained immediately after the initial tests and again in October. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing (or worrying) is warranted. There are many potential causes for false-positive/indeterminate HIV-antibody tests. You can read more about this topic in the archives of the forum. I won't bother reiterating that information here. The bottom line is that you are definitively, conclusively, absolutely and WOO-HOO-ably HIV negative, OK?

Be well.

Question à propos du don de sang
PLEASE DON'T THROW ME TO THE DOGS QUITE YET ,, Dr. Bob.... I trust you !! Last inquiry -- Promise.