OMG did I infect my partner? Pls help!

Hi, Dr Bob!

This question may seem unusual, but I guess it's not as outlandish as some! This virus found me about 8 years ago. My partner didn't leave me! That in and of itself was soemthing I couldn't believe. He stayed with me through ER visits and everything. He doesn't have this monster.

But..and here comes the 'but'..but I was cooking, cut myself, got blood on the counter, and didn't realize it. Well, neither did he until he touched it. The thing is: he has two papercuts on his fingers from file folders (sorting for tax season!) that are at different stages of healing. One looks like part scab but might still be oozing clear liquid. And..as would have it..that's the one that might have touched the blood.

The thing is..we don't know for sure. He said he didn't feel wetness, and that he didn't see red. So, he washed his hands and went on his way.

I am worried as HEll. Nightmares, even. I know what this is like and I don't wish this on anyone. I'm awiting for test results this Thursday to see how virally ehnance I am at this point!

As I say..he's not worried, but should I insist on testing? Is this a risk to him? What should we do? Would he have felt wetness or seen anything? How fast does this die? How much does it take to infect? I don't know that he touched alot..I just don't know anythign at this point!

Please help! And thank you..thank you for being here for all of us!

The risk of HIV transmission is essentially nonexistent. Your worries are unwarranted. To put your unwarranted fears permanently to rest, your partner could get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. Even though it is not warranted medically for him, it may make you feel better! I'd also suggest both you and your Mr. Happily-Ever-After read through the information in the chapter on magnetic couples in the archives of this forum.

Be well. Stop worrying!

I NEED HELP! WORRIED MAKING ME SICK!!!!!!!
Question à propos du don de sang