I NEED HELP! WORRIED MAKING ME SICK!!!!!!!

Hello Dr Bob, I really give you a hand clap for what you are doing! You are great man to take the time to answer all of our same questions.. I had a oral sexual encounter with a man. No vaginal sex at all (i am a woman) He Ejaculated in my mouth, but I spit it out. I didnt sollow it. That same day later in the evening I vomited and felt nausea the next day. All I could think about was O.M.G I am hiv+ day 3 I started getting real hot in my ears and throat. My throat didnt hurt when I eat or drink it was just irratating me. Day 5 I looked at the back of my tongue and was white. I always had it there since I am a smoker, but it just looked different this time. When I brush my teeth I also brush my tongue. Majority of the white stuff comes off but still a white coating, no bleeding or anything. Now going on the 3rd week my ears are still hot on an on the left side of my next its still burns on and off. I do have alittle anxiety and some times my mind just runs, runs, runs. I get on the internet and symptom surf and when I read the symptons about others hurting under the arm pit, I started aching in mine. I am so scared! I went to my doctor on the second week, he did a culture and said it was negitive for strep) but i dont know if he did a culture to my throat for anything else(did i need to tell him do I think I have thrush, he should know that by looking into my mouth right)!! I have tingling sensation in my hands and feet and cry myself to sleep everynight that's if I can sleep. I dont have a temp. But then I will look at my body and start seeing bumps, then Ill look at it the 2 days and its gone, " I dont know if my mind is playing tricks on me... But I am so scared! Its going on the third week from my STUPID ENCOUNTEr... I spoke to the guy and he said he was negative.... SInce that encounter that next day I started surfing the interent..and it seems these symptoms are coming everyday since it.. I am so scared, I do not want to have this disease! Please HELP!... Is my risk low? Could I just be going crazy... I have been eating cough drops every single day, taking tylenol to ease my ears and the side of my throat... I dont know if my nodes are sowlen? I dont know what to do!! I am go insane.. All I do at work and at home is look at all the questions on the body and I feel Like I am having these symptoms... OH DR BOB PLEASE, Please Please answer my question!

Your question title says it all: "WORRIED MAKING ME SICK!!!" Bingo! I absolutely agree. Worrying, not HIV, is making you sick.

Oral sex carries only a very slight risk for HIV transmission. Your symptoms are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS). I should also point out that the symptoms associated with HIV ARS become manifest two to three weeks after HIV primary infection, not days! Your worries are unwarranted.

If my reassurance is not enough for you to shake your worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. (HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered conclusive.) The results will undoubtedly be negative and should put any residual worries permanently to rest where they belong!

I do have two pieces of medical advice for you:

1. Talk to your doctor about your anxiety. Anti-anxiety medications and/or psychotherapy may help.

2. Quit smoking! If you don't, cigarettes will kill you in a very painful and undignified fashion. At this point your cigarette habit carries a much greater risk of planting you six feet under than does HIV!

very worried person
OMG did I infect my partner? Pls help!