The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

very worried person

Feb 16, 2010

hi dr.bob how ard is the problem,i havd got drunk again and blew it.almost 10 mounth ago i was drunk and had protected sex with a sex worker.a latex condom was used(according to what i remember)and we had sex only one time.there was kissing and the condom did not break. I had an elissa test in egypt after 5 mounth of the exposure .thanks god it was questions is :1_ is it possible to be a false negative.2_shall i make a second test at 6mounth mark.please reply to me as i only trust yor opinion and i really respect your work.god bless you and thanks.i will send my donation a.s.a.p

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Very Worried Person,

Negative ELISA tests at five months are considered true negative tests. False negatives are generally not a problem with ELISA screening. I do not feel another test is warranted or necessary, medically speaking. However, if despite my reassurance you remain a "very worried person," you certainly could retest at the six-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. If this, however, puts your (unwarranted) worries permanently to rest (where they belong), it may be worth the effort psychologically.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation ( It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are now and will always be HIV free.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

laser hair removal

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint