Question about test results

Dr. Bob, Please Please answer my question, I have placed two other posts and I didnt get an answer, I desperately need your advice. I french kissed a girl and my gums may have been bleeding. I tested at 8 weeks negative. I also had a undetectable pcr/rna test at 8 weeks. My question is, if I were positive and had not seroconversed by 8 weeks, would I have had a high viral load that would have been detected on the pcr/rna test? Can I assume that my results are conclusive, or am I still at risk. I have so many sympotms, , fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, nausea, I dont know what to do, Im so worried Please answer my questions Dr. Bob, I will be placing a donation to your cause, I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions.

French kissing is not considered to be a significant risk for HIV transmission (even if your "gums may have been bleeding"). Testing is generally not recommended for this degree of risk (non-risk).

When HIV-antibody testing is warranted, it should be done at the three-month mark. HIV PCR RNA testing is generally not recommended for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false positives, other technical concerns and cost. That said, considering your non-risk, a negative antibody test at eight weeks, and an undetectable quantitative HIV plasma viral load (PCR RNA), I would indeed consider you to be conclusively negative.

I would suggest you look elsewhere for the cause of your symptoms. Anxiety could certainly be contributing!

If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your (unwarranted) worries, you could get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative, but if it helps put your fears permanently to rest (where they should be), it may be worth the effort.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are and will always be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

Resistance to HIV infection
Not Fasting before HIV screening does matters?