Expansion to Australia

Dear Dr Bob,

I thank you for your reply.

It is unfortunate that you do not consider expanding your organisations activities to Australia at this stage. If you change your mind, would you please let me know?

Tax deductibility of a donation is not a primary consideration. It does mean however that I have to give the government the money I could have otherwise given to your or other charitable organisations. Mind you I dont mind paying tax if they use it wisely. Sighif only they used the money they spent on Iraq War on medical research, we might have had cure for Cancer and AIDS now.

I would like to ask you to please inform me the next time you visit Australia as well. I would love to meet you in person and perhaps learn some compassion from you (being a lawyer and a soldier I am totally lacking of compassion). For that purpose, would you mind giving me your e-mail address so I can keep in touch with you without cluttering the forum?

Stay well Dr Bob and keep up the good work.

Yours faithfully, Chris

Hi Chris,

Despite your tough guy image of being a lawyer and a soldier, I don't believe that "lack of compassion" stuff for one second. After all you're requesting to meet me; you're concerned about cluttering up my inbox; and you wish the money spent on wars were spent to cure cancer and HIV/AIDS. You really can't get much more compassionate than that, unless you spend your free time rescuing injured koalas and nursing them back to health.

Chris, thanks for your offer to stay in touch and meet the next time I'm down under. I prefer not to give out my private contact information, because, well, it would't be private if I did, right? Also, my trips are usually either tightly scheduled if I'm giving a lecture. Or if I'm on vacation, I prefer to devote all my time to solely to vacationing. If I make a "professional" appearance in Oz that is open to the public, I'll try to let you know, OK?

Be well Chris.

Expansion to Australia and other unrelated questions Feb 14, 2010

Dear Dr Bob,

First of all, I find you a very inspiring person. I admire very much your compassion and courage.

I am wondering if you would be interested in expanding your organisation's activities to Australia. The reasons I am asking are 2 prongs:

1. Youngsters in Australia do not seem to understand the danger and the implications (social and economic) of having unprotected sex and I believe your organisation can help with this issue. Ive seen so many young girls fell pregnant at the age of 16. Some are expecting another baby at the age of 19 (from different partner too). I heard from a friend who is a school teacher that primary school students are actively talking about their sex life in a very explicit manner. It appears that blowjob is a new form of kissing. I find this rather distrubing.

2. If you expand your organisation to Australia and registered as a charitable organisation, I and other people from Australia can make our donation tax deductable. I rather give the money to you than to the government.

If you are interested in looking at this possibility, I can try research the possibility and the procedures.

I also would like to ask you 2 questions in relation to HIV risk. The first one is for me and the other one is for a friend who is currently in catatonic state from fear.

First Question:

Few weeks back, I went for a hunting trips with my friends. Long story short, we had a pretty ugly accident. One of my friends' rifle was accidentally discharged; the bullet penetrated my other friend's left shoulder and grazed my right arms. What is my risk of HIV?

Second Question:

My friend is (or was) a faithful ortodox Catholic who never have sex in his life. One day he had too much drink and too much meat (entirely my fault). To my surprise he decided to book an erotic massage and now he is freaking out.

From what he told me, I think the risk of HIV is none existence. I told him so, but he replied: "You are not a freaking doctor so shut up!" or words to that effect. Would you please confirm my opinion so I can print it and shove it down his throat?

The following are the circumstances:

1. Both were completely naked; 2. There was no sexual anal, vaginal or oral intercourse and kissing; 3. He was touching the girl's vagina but did not finger it; 4. He touched the shaft and head of his penis immediately after he touched the vagina;and 5. The girl may had fingered her vagina immediately before giving him a handjob in which she would have touched the penis's head.

Can you please assess the risk of HIV for the above activities?

Many thanks in advance Doc and I sincerely hope you decided to expand to Australia.

Regards,

Chris

G'day Chris,

Thanks for your kind comments!

1.Youngsters (sexually active young people) worldwide do not seem to grasp the potential catastrophic consequences of contracting HIV. The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation has a worldwide presence, but has no plans to incorporate outside the U.S. Certainly the thought of spending some time in Sydney, Melbourne or the Great Barrier Reef is incredibly tempting (I adore "Oz"), but logistically such plans are not being considered at this time.

2.Thank you! If the tax deduction is important for your charitable giving, perhaps you could find an AIDS service organization in Oz that has tax-exempt charitable status.

As for your two questions:

1. Were you hunting with Dick Cheney perchance? Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. The speeding bullet really couldn't carry enough blood to infect you.

2. Orthodox Catholic guilt is quite amazing, isn't it? I'm a recovering Catholic myself, so I understand your buddy's fears of being banished to Hell for all eternity. Please advise your buddy his erotic rub-and-tug did not put him at risk for HIV. His HIV-acquisition risk is indeed completely nonexistent. Have him read through the archives of this forum. We have a chapter on sex workers/masseurs that he should find enlightening and reassuring. If he's still an anxious wreck despite my reassurance, tell him to say 15 "Hail Marys" and 5 "Our Fathers," and he'll be absolved. He'll know what I'm talking about.

Be well Chris.

should I be worried for HIV
REPLY-reused cotton while taking blood for blood test