OH GOD ,,, IM SO SORRY DR. BOB --- WITH SPELL CHECK !! TIMING IS CRITICAL. MAYBE PEP

Please Dr. Bob,

My anxiety level is soooo high I'm pulling out all the hair in my head ,, What little I have left. I don't know if I should start PEP or what I should do. I have a two-fold question. I would launch myself off a bridge, but there aren't any in AZ.

Here is my story:

1.) Sunday, After church about 10:15 am,,,I was trimming my nails and cut one of my nails too far back. My Left hand,,,,, On the corner of the left side of my middle finger I cut the nail and pulled at the same time leaving a little open spot ( PULLED OUT SOME SKIN I BELIEVE) on the corner of my nail.(almost like a hang nail) It stung badly and if I pushed it hard enough I'm sure I could make it bleed a little.

2 hours later that same day I went to the outdoor Home Show here in AZ. I met a woman I have not seen for a while and she said hello. ( She is a HIV + person). I represent a skin care line and had some products with me. I went to give her some and put some on her right hand. She put out her hand,,, palm down. I noticed a nick on her right middle finger knuckle. I told her to put her palm up and I was going to put some product in her hand and I helped her turn her hand around. My left hand middle finger with the accident on it hit her on the nick on her knuckle. I am freeeeked out,,, and am going crazy with anxiety,,, It was so bad I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I asked her when she nicked her knuckle and she said this morning. I don't know if it was 15 minutes before I saw her,,, maybe an half an hour to 45 minutes,,, maybe an hour ,,, maybe two... I do not know and she didn't tell me. She just said earlier. I couldn't get close enough to see if anything was going on , other than a red looking nick.

NOBODY'S FINGERS WERE COVERED. No Band-Aids,,, Nothing ,, This was all Bare handed ,,, Skin on Skin.

Dr. Bob,,,, What are my chances of catching HIV from this experience above.... Let me have it. The whole truth. Should I start PEP? What should I do??? Again what are my chances of catching HIV from the HIV + person if the tip of my finger contacted her nick?

2.) Then later I went to Whole Foods and at the check out counter,,, I rubbed my finger along the shelf where you swipe you credit card or write a check. I notice everybody touches that surface. My finger rubbed along that surface as well. It hurt -- Stung again. Maybe because my skin pushes on the tender area. This was right after incident one. What are my chances of catching HIV from this as well?

Once I got home Dr. Bob ,,,, I squeezed my finger very hard and was able to get a speck of blood on a white linen kerchief. I squeezed again and got another spec. But I had to push my finger a certain way for this to happen.

I am so scared I can't even function. Please help me Dr. Bob,,, I am ready for anything ,,, just the cold hard truth!!!

I just got tested a month ago and am Neg. Did I ruin my test? Do I need to test again? I don't know if I can get over the wait without going nutz over incident #1. I don't know to what degree you can catch HIV like this?

Maybe I need my Gourd ( Head) Examined or something, but I will donate healthily to your Foundation.

You are a good man Dr. Bob. -- Please Help me in this situation --- Please.

Also ,,, Tell me where to donate and I will get a check in the mail immediately.

Thank You so much Dr. Bob.

Another question ,, Can a person physically even help somebody with his left hand..... help somebody else cup their right hand... with the person who is helping directly put your left middle finger nail over the other persons right knuckle. I tried and I cannot really find a way to naturally and comfortably do it.....

Thank You,

I hope you help me ,, Also supply me with a place to donate.

Thank You again Dr. Bob,

Michael

Hello Michael,

Stop pulling your hair out and acting like a madman. People might mistake you for Dick Cheney.

Your fears are completely unwarranted and your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. Should you start PEP? No, of course not, silly boy. Do you need to retest? Nope! Do you need to have your gourd examined? Actually, I think this might be a good idea. Your anxiety is OOC (out of control). Anti-anxiety medications and psychotherapy could be beneficial in keeping you from launching yourself off nonexistent bridges in Arizona.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well Michael.

My partner and I were bad--PEP?
Fear rules and ruins my life in equal measure. OHL? Or something else?