Dr. Bob, You're the best and for that thank you & God bless you

Hi Dr.Bob,

I'm the 20yr guy from Kenya who posted something last year December on wanting to know my level of risk from an unprotected oral sex encounter with a female sex worker in this country. Anyway I wholeheartedly took your advice and I'm still waiting to test at the end of next month which will mark the end of my three month period. To calm my nerves down as I wait for the test, I decided to peruse through the forum and especially your experts section.

To tell you the truth something unexpected happened, my fear of HIV is gone (well 95% of it), and even though I have been experiencing strange symptoms like rashes, sore throat, thrush, coughs, night sweats and whatever else is associated with A.R.S I've decided to accept my outcome whatever it'll be whether - or + and I owe it all to you.

Reading your answers and going through this site in general has made me quite knowledgeable albeit not an expert like you on all matters concerning HIV/AIDS and this opened my eyes to the fact that if I do turn out to be + or - for that matter, it's what I decide to do with my life afterwards that'll matter most especially in regards to fighting HIV and the stigma around it. Anyway to cut the long story short, thanks for the help you've been throughout the years and the support and sound guidance with a sploosh of optimism that you give to people like me and truth be told you're a Living giant amongst mortals, Sorry if I've been with my speech or if I sounded too puritanical but that's just how I feel. Thank you and you can be sure I'll let you know of the result after I take the test next month. God bless you abundantly Dr.Bob.

Happy guy from Kenya

Hello Happy Guy from Kenya,

What a delight to read your post! Thank you for your very warm comments. They are most appreciated. I'm also extremely pleased that you took the time to read through some of the extensive archives of this forum. I really do believe that if others would do the same, they would find much of the information they need and reassurance they desire!

I'm sending you an extra dose of my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test next month will be negative and that we can yell a WOO-HOO duet from San Francisco to Nairobi!

Dr Bob's Divine Sentence - "We could stop HIV cold in its tracks!"
If I superglue my penis shut before sex instead of wearing a condom, can I still catch aids?