HIV tests and boils on penis

Hi Doc,

Condom failure during a sexual encounter with Russian CSW in Thailand around 28 days back. I have taken a HIV I & II Anti-body, P24 Antigen, NAT and PCR test at the 10 day mark and the results were negative.

I wanted to know how reliable are the HIV home urine tests? I got them from this website [http://www.std-home-test.com]. I have done the home testing today [28 day mark] after my condom break incident and the result was negative. I am planning to go for an anti-body test in a couple of days but wanted to know if the home tests are reliable?

Also, I have a boil on my penis [near the base] with white liquid [pus] for the last 4-5 days and if I try to touch it or it rubs against my trousers, I feel little pain. I am also feeling dryness in my throat for the last couple of days. Is it normal??

I have already donated to your foundation.

Thanks

The only FDA-approved urine test for HIV that I am aware of is the Calypso HIV-1 urine EIA. This test is administered only by a physician (not available online) and positive results require confirmation with standard Western Blot testing.

A boil on Mr. Happy is never normal! Have your doctor check it out without delay!

oraquick Advance and LabCorp EIA
Bisexual stress from HIV scare from Mexico City