Symptoms after 6 Months/Conclusive Oral Test? RISK?

Hi Doctor, 1st I must say, THANK YOU. Thank You for all that you do and for all of your knowledge. I really wish people (the masses - me included) were better informed in school about STD's and Safe Sex and all that good stuff. I have been a constant visitor of this site over the last 6 depressing months of my life and it has really given me some hope. I plan on making a donation ASAP! My Question is complex, and I have never been given a straight answer. I really need help, and I hope you can help me: First of all, I read somewhere that in RARE cases, people with HIV will not test Positive in an HIV antibody test, about 1 in 1,000. This has me extremely worried. Second, I'm having much trouble accepting my 6 Month Negative Rapid Advance OralSwab Test - I just can't seem to accept it...and the reason is two-fold: 1.) I am still having symptoms and I have had ARS symptoms throughout. About 3 months post exposure I broke out in what looked like the ARS Rash; I have had swollen lymph nodes, swollen neck, fatigue, joint pain, fever, been sick three times, canker sores, mouth ulcers, night sweats, etc. etc., and to this day I still have a swollen lymph node in my neck and a swollen neck. and 2.) I just don't know about the type of test I took - I feel like only a blood test would give an accurate result, but I am too scared to ever test again. My other question is involving my risk. All I engaged in was frottage, fingering, and making out. I have read that this is a "no risk," and I have read that this presents some risks. I am really worried because about 3 years ago, after fingering a girl with a slight cut on my finger, I developed some kind of infection on that very same finger that lasted for 2 years until I got some Aldara cream that took months to get rid of it. I have been thinking maybe, if I got this chancre on my finger from fignering, maybe I also got HIV? The doctors were never able to identify what it was on my finger...now I am also worried that perhaps it was a SYPHILIS CHANCRE. I have read that people with Syphilis also have HIV...so this is why I am worried about the RARE cases of people with AIDS not testing positive for HIV on antibody tests. So Doctor, as you can see, even with a 6 Month Negative test, I am going through hell. I have been depressed and scared for the past 6 months, and with my current symptoms and other revelations about possible risks, I simply do not know what to do. Please Doctor Fascino, can you please provide me with some information! I wrote to this forum yesterday as well, and I understand how busy you must be....but if you ever happen upon this question I would be forever grateful from the possible knowledge I would gain! Sincerely and Extremely and Utterly Horrified, Oscar .

Hello Extremely and Utterly Horrified Oscar,

Why is it everyone wants a "straight answer" from the gay cyber-sexpert doc? OK, Oscar, I'll give it to you straight! You are definitively, conclusively and WOO-HOO-ably HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted. That's as straightforward as I can be!

Why are you worried about extremely rare cases? Are you also worried about extremely rare cases of someone being zapped to death by a direct hit of an errant lightening bolt? If not, you shouldn't worry about rare HIV cases either.

If you have trouble accepting the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence of your HIV-negative status, you need to seek psychiatric help. "Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in determining who is and is not HIV infected.

Another reason to see a shrink is your irrational fear of getting an HIV test.

Regarding your HIV-acquisition risk -- frottage, fingering and making out -- it's nonexistent!

Regarding your finger problem, any doctor who graduated from medical school would be able to diagnose a syphilitic chancre!

You report being "depressed and scared for the past 6 months." OK, that's strike three for you regarding reasons you need to seek psychiatric help!

Oscar, your problem is irrational fear, not HIV.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's very much appreciated.

Be well.

is HIV DUO test offered in US ?
I know i have HIV! (ANOTHER "I KNOW I HAVE IT" QUESTION, 2010)