Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Just a New Years Note!
Feb 12, 2010

Hi Dr. F I have thought of you and throughout the new year and towards the later part of last year. The work you continue to do is amazing, generous, selfless, appreciated and most of all blessed. I am on FB and I share so much information that I thinks my friends are so tired of me. However, I must do my part. After my experience last year I must say that I was a bit traumatized but I have come to the realization that people don't plan for this to happen and having a strong strong mental outlook and a good support network is key. I practice safe sex and I continue to ask partners to get their a test if I want to have sex with them. I also realized that this can be trying and sensitive for most people and for me too (since I have had two uniterpretable test, that had to be sent to the Mayo clinic before negative diagnoses was made) My result always would read "non specific binding to the nitrocellulose strip" in any event. I only want to get checked if I have to so not only am I practicing safe sex but being more selective regarding who I have sex with. Well not to drag on but I just wanted to tell you that I have learned so much and ask people all of the time if they know their status. Dr F I am also going back to school for nursing as we speak. I have to help people I just need too. I hear the risk of exposure is not non existence but small however I will practice safety and help educate as many people as possible. I am also having a web page created with links to different websites where people can gather as much information as possible. I am even going to buy Condoms in large quantities and pass them out to the prostitues and homeless etc. Okay well I just want to do my part. YOU ARE and Angel! Hands down! Don't mean to get mushy but you just are!I will donate and read and participate on this site as long as it or I am around!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Welcome back to the forum and thank you for your very kind comments! If we all did our part, we could stop HIV cold in its tracks! Thanks for doing your part (more than your part, really!). I would anticipate you'll become a fine compassionate nurse. Rest assured the work you are doing is of equal importance when compared to what I try to do. I'm confident you've saved a life on more than a single occasion by passing out scientifically sound advice and condoms! BRAVO. Welcome to the fight against the pandemic!

Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
when is the right time to start having sex again.
Next
Epoxy Resin (HOW HIV IS TRANSMITTED, 2010)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.