Dr. Bob... I know you are busy but please answer.

I am sorry to be one of those people who keeps asking, but logging on to this site and seeing that your question has been answered is like nothing else that I can describe. This will be my last time bothering you until I am able to give you my results (hopefully a big Whoo-hoo). I, like so many others, am extremely anxious about getting tested at the 3 month mark. My questions is this, given the fact that a 12 week anti-body test would be conclusive for low risk exposure, what is the likelihood that someone might sero-convert after a 10 1/2 week negative test result? I know that I am not yet "Whoo-hoooable", but I just wondered if I can at least be somewhat confident that I am almost out of the woods. A response from you will help me to get through this next 2 weeks. Thanks for everything Doc. You truly are a gift to all of us. I will definitely be sending my support to your foundation.

The reassurance you were looking for was already waiting for you in the archives! Take a look!

Briefly, the vast majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four-six weeks following HIV primary infection. Consequently, your negative 10.5-week test is extremely encouraging! Yep, you're almost out of the woods.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will be negative.

positive ELISA, reactive IFA, no risk....
Hello Dr. Bob, every minute day and night, i am hoping that you will respond to my question. Today i called to take an appoinment with ID doctor here in Dallas, they say they need refferal to get an a