Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Bob... I know you are busy but please answer.
Feb 12, 2010

I am sorry to be one of those people who keeps asking, but logging on to this site and seeing that your question has been answered is like nothing else that I can describe. This will be my last time bothering you until I am able to give you my results (hopefully a big Whoo-hoo). I, like so many others, am extremely anxious about getting tested at the 3 month mark. My questions is this, given the fact that a 12 week anti-body test would be conclusive for low risk exposure, what is the likelihood that someone might sero-convert after a 10 1/2 week negative test result? I know that I am not yet "Whoo-hoooable", but I just wondered if I can at least be somewhat confident that I am almost out of the woods. A response from you will help me to get through this next 2 weeks. Thanks for everything Doc. You truly are a gift to all of us. I will definitely be sending my support to your foundation.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

The reassurance you were looking for was already waiting for you in the archives! Take a look!

Briefly, the vast majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four-six weeks following HIV primary infection. Consequently, your negative 10.5-week test is extremely encouraging! Yep, you're almost out of the woods.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test will be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
positive ELISA, reactive IFA, no risk....
Next
Hello Dr. Bob, every minute day and night, i am hoping that you will respond to my question. Today i called to take an appoinment with ID doctor here in Dallas, they say they need refferal to get an a

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.