Proove my boss wrong, please!

Hi. just found this website in my search for some information to help settle a disagreement between my boss and me. hopefully you can give us a definitive answer.

We are doing business around the globe and quite frequently visit East Europe. My boss, quite a horndog, has very succesfully mapped some of the more "exclusive gentlemens clubs" in the cities we repeatedly visit. One of the fine "features" in these more expensive establishments is that you can request to see medical records of the "employee" of your choice, including among other things the time of her last negative HIV-test. That done, it is completely up to you to decide what kind of protective measures you choose to take within the four walls of your 500 dollar private room. To our little difference; (first of all, this would be a good time to clarify that personaly I would not set foot in these clubs for reasons of belief and morale rather than concerns for health....and I am posting this anonymous, so no reasons for lying ;-)I claim that just because these girls can show you a record of a negative test two weeks ago, there is no way it is safe to engage in a rubber-free horizontal mambo, and that my boss is a complete idiot to gamble with not only his own health, but also that of his wife. My dear boss on the other hand is convinced that if the girl hasn't tested positive, that her HIV hasn't "break out" yet, she can not transmit to him.

I have no claim to any expertise in medicine, but shouldn't it be the EXACT OPPOSITE? If a person is infected and haven't yet developed anti-bodies the risk for contamination should be greater....just like a common flu!

Please help to once and for all settle this dispute.

You win! Your boss is indeed a complete idiot.

Personally, I would't believe a Badda Bing Betty's claim to be HIV negative, even if she stuck a lie detector up her honey pot! You are indeed correct: An HIV test several weeks ago doesn't' mean anything otter than she was HIV negative then. It says nothing about now! You are also correct that shortly after primary HIV infection and often before the development of detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies int the blood, the HIV plasma viral load can shoot up sky high ("window period"). HIVers with high viral loads are much more infectious than those with low or undetectable viral loads.

Basically your boss is playing sexual Russian Roulette at 500 bucks a pop. You should continue to try to knock some sense into him or perhaps begin grooming yourself for his position after he goes out on HIV/AIDS medical leave/disability! Try turning him on to this site. It's free and it may just save his life. (Rather than risking his life at $500 per Badda Bing bang, he could use those funds to save the lives of those desperately in need as they struggle to cope with the ravages of HIV/AIDS.)

i pray you answer
Worried Sick of a possible HIV exposure