RE: Hi, here is my question...+donation.

Thank you for answering me doc. By the way i donated this morning by mail to your Los Altos location. I feel relieved by your answer and happy that my gift will touch the heart of someone in need. However, if a hospital treated pneumonia wont mess up an antibodies test(mine was negative, 2 years after last unprotected sex)why do i have this itchiness(without rash)in my body, a mouth sore and probably more, its freaking me out! I kept reading online and some folks have been worried about having been treated with immunosuppressants for pneumonia! Now, i aint no medical wizard but i dont think the dose of corticosteroids(or whatever)used to treat pneumonia is strong enough to cause a false negative if given 21 months after seroconverting, regardless of the route of administration e.g. IV, oral, nasal,...(i was treated for approximately 7 days)or am i wrong doc? what are your thoughts on this? Re-testing, going to hospital medical records or put it behind? Thankkyouuu... Jean from vegas.

Hello Jean,

You certainly are not wrong! I would absolutely put your HIV fears permanently to rest immediately!

As for your "itch," I'd recommend you see a dermatologist. There are many potential causes.

Thank you for your tax-deductible gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed "well.")

Hi, here is my question... Feb 3, 2010

I'll be donating by mail because because i feel like crap for those that dont have money for hiv treatment. I have found some info in the archives but its kind of confusing to me this whole medical thing. Can a hospital treated pneumonia affect the accuracy of an hiv test? Thanks doctor Bob.

No, neither pneumonia nor pneumonia treatment, whether in the hospital or elsewhere, would affect the accuracy of an HIV test. Hopefully that clears up any confusion!

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. Your gift will help provide life-sustaining antiretrovirals to those in need. Great cosmic karma is headed your way for your generosity and compassion.

Be well.

Thank you My Doctor Bob... Mommy of Three
Extremely Scared MEDICAL STUDENT After Possible Needle Stick! (PEP AND THE NEED FOR HIV SPECIALIST, 2010)