Dr. Bob Please Don't Ignore Me. My Job Depends On It

I know you probably chose not to answer my question because you feel the answer is in the archives but I promise I've looked and I haven't found an identical situation (at least not with the Mexico connection).

I had a blood glucose test in Mexico after passing out and I'm afraid the lancet was used. I'm worried because it was Mexico, the docdtor's office looked less than clean, and I didn't see the lancet come out of a sterile package. Can you please tell me if there is any risk and if I need to get tested. I am having a hard time sleeping or doing anything productive for that matter and I'm supposed to start a new job tomorrow (Feb. 1). I know how lucky I am to have a new job opportunity in this economy and I don't want to blow it because I can't get this out of my mind. Please help. $100 donation to follow with first paycheck.

Lancets are not reusable. Your fears are not warranted, even with the Mexico connection! If my reassurance is not sufficient to shake your worries, you could get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Good luck with your new job. Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return, even though you don't really read it, I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your three-month definitive HIV test is negative.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed "well.")

2nd part of question
Not A question, just A humble donation on the WAY and MANY Thanks