Condom failure

Hi Doc,

Condom failure during a sexual encounter with Russian CSW in Thailand around 15 days back. I have taken a HIV I & II Anti-body and P24 Antigen test at the 10 day mark and the results were negative. I also did a rapid test but the results are still awaited. I had mild fever around the 9 day mark for a couple of days. Today is the 15th day from my potential exposure.

Please advise. Is the P24 Antigen test at the 10 day mark a good indication?? What about the fever?? Is it a ARS symptom??

I have already donated to your foundation to keep the good work going.

Thanks

Condom failure does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently testing is warranted. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark cannot be considered definitive or conclusive. Your negative tests at days 10 and 15 are encouraging, but not yet definitive.

Why are you still waiting for a "rapid test" result? Doesn't sound all that rapid to me. Results should have been available within 20 minutes!

Fever is an incredibly common symptom and can be associated with gazillions of diseases. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable when trying to predict who is and is not HIV infected. Don't focus on "symptoms." Rather, just wait until the three-month mark and get a definitive HIV test.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test remains negative. I'm quite confident it will.

Good luck. Be well.

Should i get PEP?
Thank You So Much Dr. Bob -- I Love You ,,, And Your Work... PLEASE GET TO ME QUICKLY (CASUAL CONTACT, 2010)