Don't be scared to ask her to get tested

Hello Dr. Robert.

In the past I have asked you questions and you were kind enough to answer one of them, putting my fears to rest. This is not so much a question but rather something I wanted to tell you and your followers.

Like most people here I am extremely scared... bordering on phobic of having sex for the simple reason that I will acquire HIV. Even with a condom it still scared me. I recently met a very nice girl and we are dating. I told her my fears and that with time I will overcome. After a few weeks of dating she wanted sex. Of course being phobic of disease, I told her I needed to wait until I was comfortable. She asked what she could do to help. Finally after about a month I worked up the courage to ask her to get tested. I had tested months before (negative across the board) and had not had any sexual activity since.

At first I thought she might be offended. I wondered how she would react to the request. She told me no other boyfriend had asked that of her. She paused then said, she would be glad to. She got tested, negative across the board as well.

That night we had sex. I just want all your followers to know, don't be scared to ask your partner to get tested. It will not offend them, it may just flatter them. Knowing that you really care about being safe. Even if you use a condom everytime, it is nice to know you are both healthy.

Thanks for all your insight Robert, we all appreciate it.

Bill P.

Thanks for your comment.

Scarred to Death of Togo Part 2
In The Middle of the Night