Anal, Broken Condom

I am a male Expat working in Delhi, India. I am in my early 30's and would not consider my sexual history to be particulary high risk for HIV.

In early december I got very drunk at a Delhi nightspot and ended up taking a local girl home. To my knowledge she was not a sex worker as payment was neither discussed nor asked for.

We had vaginal sex with a condom and I am not sure but I think we may had anal sex as well and the condom broke. I am extremely worried about the risk of HIV. It has been just over 8 weeks since the incident and thus far have NOT had any symptoms that suggest Acute Hiv infection (fevers rash etc).

Since I dont think I could bear the anxiety of 2 tests I am planning to go for the definitive 6 month test.

The whole encounter has made me totally re-evaluate my idiotic behaviour with regard to drinking and sex. I have not had sex since.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

I really don't have too much to add to what you've already gleaned from your boozy sexperience. Broken-condom sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently, screening is warranted. Many would advise a three-month test is definitive. However, if you want to wait until the six-month mark, that's fine as well. I'd recommend you review proper condom techniques (check the archives for this), as condoms only rarely fail when used correctly. The overall statistical odds remain all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this single lapse of judgment. I'm glad you've learned your lesson, but try not to be too hard on yourself. It's a well known fact the higher powers gave men both a brain and a penis but only enough blood to run one at a time.

Good luck with your upcoming test.

Test Result Effect...Please Doc...please reply
Bathhouses