Dr. Bob hates bad grammer

Hello Dr. Bob

I notice you correct peoples spelling a lot so I will try to spell everything correctly.

I had an a possible exposure 5 months ago. Symptoms were macularpapular rash on stomach, thrush, muscle spasms, and swollen nodes in armpits that developed after 3 months, and extreme fatigue. Now I only believe I could have been exposed to a tiny amount of vaginal fluid. About two minute sex.

Testing was hiv dna pcr at 2 weeks 4weeks 7 weeks and pcr rna 1o weeks. Hiv antibody at 5 weeks 7 weeks 10 weeks and 12 weeks and 14 weeks.

Now what's the possibility that I can still be infected. And since I was exposed to such little amount can that make it take longer to build up a detectable level. And is it possible for the virus to be in just the lymph nodes and not in the blood and cause symptoms. Because my lymph nodes didn't swell up untill after my last test so I'm worried that my test was a false negative.

Thank you Dr. Bob

Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests at 5, 7, 10, 12 and 14 weeks are definitive, conclusive and excessive. Your negative status is further supported by your undetectable qualitative HIV DNA PCR at 2, 4 and 7 weeks and your undetectable quantitative HIV PCR RNA at 10 weeks.

The possibility you are infected is nonexistent. Yep, absolutely zero, nada, zilch, bupkis!

Your concerns about the amount of virus you may have been exposed to are unwarranted. The quantity of virus would not affect the duration of the HIV window period.

Your concerns about your lymph nodes are also unwarranted and not medically sound. Likewise your worries about a false-negative test are not supported by the facts (or common sense). You've had eight tests, all negative. Do you think you had eight false-negative tests in a row?

As for correcting spelling and grammar errors, well, if truth be told, I'm not a very good speller myself! But I do at least know how to use the spellcheck function on my computer!

Be well. Stay well. (You are indeed "well.")

Sorry Dr. Bob - I left out a detail !! (CASUAL CONTACT, 2010)
Insertive Oral Sex