For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

just quick question..? please

i just want to get these facts right, if u are going for a HIV test,most time they take the blood form your forearm..? someone told me that they had a HIV test & they just prick finger, and done the test like that..? true/ false

This isn't a true/false question! It's an a, b or c-type question.

A. Blood from forearm.

B. Blood from finger prick.

C.All the above.

The correct answer is C! Some HIV-antibody tests, ELISA for instance, use venipuncture (blood from forearm). Other HIV-antibody tests (rapid tests) use a finger prick technique. You can read much more about HIV diagnostic tests in the archives of this forum.

I dont know how else to thank you for all that you are doing. I will donate.
confused about cdc definition of high risk heterosexual contact