just quick question..? please
Jan 25, 2010
i just want to get these facts right, if u are going for a HIV test,most time they take the blood form your forearm..? someone told me that they had a HIV test & they just prick finger, and done the test like that..? true/ false
Response from Dr. Frascino
This isn't a true/false question! It's an a, b or c-type question.
A. Blood from forearm.
B. Blood from finger prick.
C.All the above.
The correct answer is C! Some HIV-antibody tests, ELISA for instance, use venipuncture (blood from forearm). Other HIV-antibody tests (rapid tests) use a finger prick technique. You can read much more about HIV diagnostic tests in the archives of this forum.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- What Will Happen If You Don't Treat Genital Warts?
- Can You Get Hiv From Non Hollow Bore Needle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.