|Why are blood donation requirements so stringent?
Jan 25, 2010
Why are the requirements to give blood so stringent? Like one incident of gay sex 30 years ago is enough to rule you out, even after testing negative to HIV?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Excellent question for which there is no scientific (or even logical) answer! Check out the information in the chapter on blood donation in the archives of this forum.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hair Loss A Symptom Of HIV?
- Can You Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.