Yes & No Questions will donate
Jan 25, 2010
Hi Dr Bob, I just had sex with a sex worker of unknown status. Protected oral and vaginal sex and I have use water to check for leakage after the incident.
1) Do I need to get an hiv test at the 3 month mark? 2) Can I have sex without condom with my wife with out hiv testing? 3) Is my worry unwarrent? 4) Is my risk for HIV low or Nil?
Thanks Worried guy.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hi Worried Guy,
Assuming the latex (or polyurethane) condom was used properly and did not break, the answers to your questions are:
You're welcome. Despite your nil risk, I would still advise you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt and worry; it's also the right thing to do.
Good luck! Be well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Swollen Lymph Glands An Ars Symptom?
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- A List Of All The Names Of Medicines For Std
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- Will Douching Get Rid Of This Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.