Yes & No Questions will donate

Hi Dr Bob, I just had sex with a sex worker of unknown status. Protected oral and vaginal sex and I have use water to check for leakage after the incident.

1) Do I need to get an hiv test at the 3 month mark? 2) Can I have sex without condom with my wife with out hiv testing? 3) Is my worry unwarrent? 4) Is my risk for HIV low or Nil?

Thanks Worried guy.

Hi Worried Guy,

Assuming the latex (or polyurethane) condom was used properly and did not break, the answers to your questions are:

1. No.

2. Yes.

3. No.

4. Nil.

You're welcome. Despite your nil risk, I would still advise you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt and worry; it's also the right thing to do.

Good luck! Be well.

what you going to say
what is safe sex