Now that's a good question Re:

Dear Dr. I wrote to you a few days ago about the accuracy of testing after recieving chemotherapy. You were nice enough to respond but were not able to give me a definitive answer due to lack of info on my part. This has been driving me crazy as I am unable to get the info that I need from local testing centers. This is a real problem in rural areas. I was treated for testicular cancer with three rounds of bleomycin, etoposide and cisplatin with my last treatment being exactly three months before a negative ELISA test. Do these meds effect the results of an antibidy test? I feel that my health has been declining after chemo rather than inproving and I'm unable to figure out why. My only possible risk exposure would have occured about three years ago. I should have tested sooner I now realize and hope others will not wait for life threatening illnesses to appear before checking your status. I hope you can help Dr.

Not surprisingly there are no clinical studies that address your very specific question. However, I would strongly anticipate that the three months that has elapsed since your chemotherapy is sufficient time to allow enough immune recovery for accurate HIV testing. As I previously mentioned, if you or your doctors remain concerned about the validity of your HIV-antibody test, you could retest in an additional three months (six months total) or do a quantitative HIV PCR DNA test now, as this assay does not relay on antibody production.

Insertive Oral Sex
what you going to say