Had to update you from your alma matar !!!!!

Hello Dr. Bob,

Me again and guess what you were Right!!!! I know you said my stinging lymphnodes which have been present for 2 years were not associated with HIV however, of course I had a hard time and go figure but scared to death I tested again this is 27 MONTHS after!!!!!!!! and NEGITIVE it was. It was a orasure advance HIV 1/2 swab test. I do have a question it was only swabbed on my upper cheek not on my gums...... is this still okay? would antibodies be on my mucosul linning of my cheeks also?

I am really trying to put this out of my head now and believe that my Stinging nodes and the red blood spots inside my cheeks that come and go at least once a week are from something else. Not related to HIV. If you have any thoughts that would be amazing. Also if there is a way to attach my original post that would be awesome too! it was alma matat and on dec 23 " please help it can be my christmas present" :)

my apologies for excessive posting . but thank you so much

Hello Oberlin Alum,

Thanks for the update. WOO-HOO! (although I expected nothing less) on your negative 27-month HIV test. (27 months? Just how long did you think the window period was?)

The OraSure Advance test swab applied only to your upper cheek is fine. Your results are accurate, definitive and predictable!

Be well, Obie-Guy. I'm heading back to Tappan Square next week for a trustee meeting. The new Litoff building that attaches to the conservatory is quite stunning.

Ciao,

please help....it can be my christmas present :)...Dec 23, 2009

I am going to outline: 25 yr old hetero male, only been with 4 woman, 2 years ago had on time encounter of uprotected vaginal and oral sex. ~ 2-3 weeks later red rash around the opening on meatus on my glans penis. thought it was herpes but negitive herpes swab. lasted about 2 months went to dermo and thought it was contace dermatitis. has not recurred since. Within this time also became ill. pea sized lymph nodes bilateral in cervical anterior chain. dry cough, conjuctivitis both eyes, tonsil stones lasting about a year. low grade fever (99.5-100.) . pain upon ejaculation. Having a medical bg, I thought for sure oral chlamydia and genitial, I thought epididmytis for sure. negitive urine analysis though.but still took doxy and cipro. started to think HIV all symtoms there I tested over 15 times in the first 10 months after symptoms shown.

All HIV tests negitive including a negitive Viral load after 10weeks ( majority were Unigold rapid HIV and ora sure, but veinpuncture was done also. Last HIV test was ~10 months after unprotected sex. Negitive. I finally stopped thinking it was HIV. 10 months is well outside the window? I am very athletic and even played college football .

had negitive Hep, gon, trich, syphilis, Hep b surface antigen. CBC with normal levels( ~ 12 weeks after occurance)

Its been over 2 years since this . Ive gotten engaged and put this behind me long ago. until...... petchiea on mucousal membranes inside cheeks. show up for about a day and the goes away ...... have happened every week for the last 2 years. pea sized lymphnodes have been present since flare up. under arm, groin, cervical and on behind my right ear all pea sized.

If you could please give me any ideas on what to test for would be great, as I do not want this to come back into my engagement and take over our lives.

I am concerned due to the petichea and stinging in my lymphnodes. all about pea sized

You may have a "medical bg," but apparently you didn't learn much about HIV! You tested 15 times (15!!!) in 10 months??? All the HIV-antibody tests were negative, including an undetectable viral load at 10 weeks. Hmm. Exactly which part of "HIV negative" were you having difficulty understanding?

Unfortunately, I cannot conduct an appropriate diagnostic evaluation of your petechiae and stinging lymph nodes over the Internet. What I can do, however, is advise you what is not causing them: It's not HIV! I would suggest you follow up with your general medical doctor or an internist for any persistent symptoms you may be experiencing. Remember, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Happy Holidays.

vih paranoia
I am confused... what do you think?