Can Lymph Nodes Be Reduced?

Hi Dr. Bob.

I have a colleague that tested HIV+ about eleven years ago. She has no idea that I know.

For the past year, she has swollen lymph nodes in the neck. One is the size of a lemon.

Can anything be done to have them reduced?

I am not sure if she has seen a physician about her positive status.

Any suggesstions?

A very concerned colleague.

Probably the best you can do is try to evolve from "a concerned colleague" to "a concerned friend," opening the door for your HIV+ colleague to disclose her status. She needs to know you won't be judgmental and that your offer to help is sincere and unconditional.

YOU ARE AWESOME DR BOB - Please Read on !! I will not waste your time!
Dr. Bob, please comment on the risk of scrotum licking in the presence of poor dentition (NEW)