Condom after Bare Insertion (BAREBACKING TOP/POSSIBLE INFECTION)

Hi Doc, Ive read many of the realted topics but mine is a bit special... Im 20, and i live in the philippines and ive had 9 sexual encounters since i was 18. 4 intially women then the latter 5 men. Ive tested negative on all 3 hiv tests prior to last months(DEC 8 Negative, January 15 Positive). Late november i had protected sex with a friend(male) who i knew was hiv positive but we made sure the condom was put on properly, i was the receptive person and it was our third time he did not ejaculate. In the same week of november i met up with a guy i had never met around the same age as i am. He informed me that he had just had sex a couple of hours ago and in my stupidity, i continued even if i knew he slept around. I was the insertive person. I did not wear a condom for about 20 seconds till i got scared and wore it and continued till i ejaculated. Two weeks later, i develop a high fever and swollen gums and i did not feel right. So i had myself tested. My results have come back as positive in my elisa(i had 2 tests done on the same day in different places, both came back positive and were sent for wb) and i am still waiting for my wb results. If i am infected which is more likely than not, was my risk factor increased because i had not washed my penis before inserting the condom? Because technically, in this situation i am the very unlucky individual who contracted hiv from 1 encounter being the "top" in the picture. Do i have a chance that maybe i have some antibodies after a regualar viral infection that are non-hiv related reacting with my ELISAs? I also developed a dry cough 1 week after my fever went away. In your experience what are my chances of being negative? My doctor said that there are 1000 plus documented cases here in my country which makes me part of the unlucky 0.1 percent and in his experience he has never had a false positive result for elisa.... Im so young.....but i am handling it properly... a reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Juan

Hello Juan,

Your HIV-acquisition risk, despite the brief encounter and being the top guy, remains significant. Barebacking is risky business, top or bottom! Developing fever and other symptoms two weeks after your encounter and subsequently having two ELISA tests return positive results from two different testing sites is extremely worrisome. Is there a chance you had two false-positive results from two test sites on the same day? Almost anything is possible, but it would be very, very unlikely.

Write back Juan after you get your confirmatory test results, if you need additional advice.

Lipodistrophy as HIV Infection Sympton?
YOU ARE AWESOME DR BOB - Please Read on !! I will not waste your time!