Lipodistrophy as HIV Infection Sympton?

Dear Dr Bob. First of all, I would like to thank you for the wondeful work you are doing.

I have consulted you in the past :

(http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/Infected/Q197507.html).

Its been over a year in a half since my unprocted exposure and after more negative tests, I'm still convinced I'm infected. Why?? Lipodystrophy.

From my last post, I believed to be developing lipodystrophy four months past the exposure and without meds, which seemed highly unlikely.

However, the situation hasn't improved. My arms and legs are still extremely thin, as are the face and buttocks. In the other hand, i have gained a lot of weight around my stomach area (I'm currently weighing 67 Kgs). Seems to me like HIV associated lipodystrophy, for it only started to happen after the exposure.

Thus my doubt today is that throughout a lot of forums, this one included, i have seen reports of people in my situation, with negative tests and lipodystrophy symptoms.

Could we all be crazy, or maybe the researches in the HIV area are overlooking this possibility? I'm not the first to report this nor will I will I be the last.

Can it be just coincidence??

Please let me know your thoughts on this issue.

Sincerely.

D.A.S.B

Hello D.A.S.B.,

I'm not denying you have "symptoms." I'm merely pointing out that when there is overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you don't have a particular disease, it's not logical or rational to continue to insist that this same illness is the cause of ongoing symptoms!

If you have persistent symptoms, see an internal medicine physician for an evaluation. By the way, multiple cases like yours have been evaluated at the Frascino Medical Group and none have wound up having HIV! Their symptoms were ultimately found to be attributable to other medical (or psychological) conditions.

High Risk? Condom broke..
Condom after Bare Insertion (BAREBACKING TOP/POSSIBLE INFECTION)