RE:Will HINI Vaccination casued my HIV test result to be fault negative?

Hi Dr Bob!! i have been writing to you since 4 years ago and finally i have enough of the fear so i got myself tested. I told my case to my Hep B Doc and she is very nice to me.

This is the 1st time you answered my question and i was so delighted!! I wanna tell u that i really admire your work bcos u bring comfort to us. A big THANK YOU!!! And ya..i wanna tell all the boys and girls out there to stop asking you about symptoms becos they are crapzzz...

PS: sorry of my typo error, it should be virginal sex.

But 1 last question, my last exposure is 2 weeks ago and i got tested 2 weeks later and it is negative, it is a good sign? Thanks!

All negative HIV tests are, of course, encouraging. However, HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive or conclusive.

Good luck. Be well.

Will HINI Vaccination casued my HIV test result to be fault negative? Jan 20, 2010

Hi Dr Bob,

I just read yr Forum regrading to guy who has a HINI vaccination and suspected the result to be fault positive.

I have HIN1 vaccination 3 weeks ago and recently i went for HIV Ag-Ab screen (Anti-HIV). It is neagtive. Will the vaccination casued it to be fault negative?

PS: I will have to redo the test in 3 mths marks as my recent exposure was 2 weeks ago. It was protected varginal sex. My doc said that i should be fine as long as condom is used. Thanks!

Flu vaccinations may cause false-positive HIV-antibody screening tests, but they cannot cause "false negative" test results.

By the way, what is "varginal sex?" Sounds kinky.

Be well. Good luck.

Want to say thanks
High Risk? Condom broke..