Want to say thanks

Hi I am the Saint to Sinner guy. I just want to say thank you for answering all my messages quickly and with clear cut answers. I am letting go of this obession. I trust you more than anyone else. Your right, I have to move on. I just want you to know that there are very few special people in the world and you are one of them. You are juggling a work life, personal life and fathering all of us at the same time. That is SPECIAL...Thank you for all you do and stay well. I am not going to email anymore because you are busy with others, so as the last email, I wanted it to be a good bye with a heart filled thanks and to let you know how special you are to all of us. Thanks again. Love ya!!!

I "fathered" all of you??? YIKES! I'm a bit worried that requests for child support will soon be flooding my inbox in greater quantities than the nearly uncountable number of queries from closeted gay GOPers or tea-partying-Sara Palinistas!

As for you, my friend, in response to your comment, "I am letting go of this obsession," all I can say is BRAVO! (That's more polite than "it's about time frevinsakes!")

Be well.

You went from Saint to Sinner Nov 15, 2009

Dr.

You answered a guy who wrote about his oral sex with his partner on November 13 "oral transmission". The one giving oral has HIV. You said his partner should test at 3 TO 6 months. WHY??? You always say insertive oral sex is not dangerous. I had a 4 month test and you said conclusive. Why do you keep changing your mind. Is it conclusive or do I have to go back at 6 months. Is insertive oral sex dangerous or not??? You say no now you are changing your mind again. HELP

Rather than saint or sinner, what I really am is a scientist. My advice remains very consistent. I have not said "oral sex is not dangerous!" What I've said is that insertive oral sex carries only a very low risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. I stand by that assessment.

I still consider your four-month negative test, based on the information you provided, to be definitive. If for whatever reason you remain worried, the option to get a six-month test is always open to you. Personally, I don't feel it's warranted and I'm very confident the results should you decide to re-test would again be negative.

Saint to Sinner Part II Nov 17, 2009

Hi Dr. Bob

I want to apologize to you for using the title saint to sinner. I had no right to speak to you like that. You are a saint in my eyes. I just am so tired, frustrated and sacred and I took it out on you. I went to a gay massuer who gave me oral sex. I didn't expect it and made the mistake of allowing him to do it. I wish I could take that day back because I have been obsessed by this event for 5 months. I just need to take this off my plate. It is consumming me. I went to GMHC in New York and got a 8,10,12,15 and 18 week test with the finger prick. I wanted a test at 5 months to make me feel more confident of the results. I can't get the 6 month rule out of my head. I keep thinking of the what ifs....what if I am the exception to the rule. They will not give me another test. They said that I am conclusive...I am just so afraid they are wrong. I am upset and scared and I took it out on you and for that I am truly sorry. I know you are a saint for what you do and I pray for you everytime I think of you. Please accept my apology. I am going to go to GMHC wednesday and hope to talk them into another test just to make me find closure...Say a pray for me...Sorry again my friend...:(

Apology accepted. Now we can be BFFs again.

If you insist on a six-month test and GMHC won't test you, you could go to your private doctor for the test or do a home test kit. (The Home Access Express test is FDA approved.) I agree a six-month test in your case is not medically indicated. However, if it puts your (unwarranted) fears permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically. I have absolutely no doubt the test result will once again be negative.

Be well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

Saint to Sinner Part III Nov 19, 2009

Hi BFF,

Just got back from GMHC. They gave me my 6 month test...NEGATIVE...Woooooo HOOOOO!!!! Thanks for being there for me and again, I am sorry for being an ass and will always love ya...BYE

Congrats. WOO-HOO!

Saint to Sinner Part IV Jan 21, 2010

Hi Doctor Bob,

You were wonderful to me a lot lately. I have a quick question. I did get my 10, 12, 24 week hiv test back negative. I felt so happy. Now I have painful glands under my arm and groin. Could it be late seroconverting? Is it possible to go from negative to positive at 24 weeks? Afraid to test again. What do you think? Sorry to bother you again....Thanks my friend..

Could you be late seroconverting? Nope. Once again, it is your fear of HIV, not HIV itself, that's the problem! Counseling (psychotherapy) might help you to conquer your unwarranted HIV fears.

Good luck. Be well. Stop perseverating on a disease you could not possibly have!

Condom problem: Re.
RE:Will HINI Vaccination casued my HIV test result to be fault negative?