Condom problem: Re.

Dear dr Bob...I m sending back your good luck karma,and I hope so it will be helpfull to you,to keep you in a good health!! I just want to let you know that I did HIV test today(exactly 4 months of the exposure) in private clinic and they called me and told me - test is [b]NEGATIVE!!!!![/b] They said that this test is the most sensitive and one of the latest generation!Thank you for your time...You re great,really...WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! - IGOR from Belgrade

Hi Igor from Belgrade,

Excellent news! WOO-HOO!

Be well. Stay well.

Condom problem!!Please,need your opinion... Oct 9, 2009

Hello doctor,you re my man!How are you!? Thank you for helping us-afraid,unsafe people... I hope you don't mind about my awful English. I promise,will donate as soon as possible to help this struggle and effort with Aids. Now,my question: I was with girl 10 days ago,I dont know her very well,she doesn't use condoms at all,(she told me that)and because of that-for me she is high-risk person for Hiv and other STD. She is sexually active for over 8 years,and that night I used a condom,and our sex lasted for about 3 Min's,but maybe less... During our activity,I checked up my condom twice,but... before my finish I noticed that (when pull out penis to cum) condom broke between head of penis and pillar-(body) of the penis.According to my knowledge I was unprotected for about 1min-30 seconds,but probably less than that. She assured me that she s clean,but I didnt believe nobody,and I asked her to do an HIV test if she want. She did that and it came back negative 2 day after my accident,and I saw it personally (referent value 0.37...and some other value 0.90 ,some kind like that).And she told me she had partner 3 weeks before our sexy night... Is this high risk event!?What is my odds? Im not concerned a lot,but it is on my mind sometimes... ALL THE BEST MY VIRTUAL FRIEND AND DOC!!:)) THANK YOU...AND WAITING FOR RESPONSE!!

-IGOR from Belgrade!!

Hello Igor from Belgrade,

A broken condom does put you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Your HIV-acquisition risk, however, is extremely low, because your partner tested HIV negative shortly after your failed-condom incident. This significantly decreases your risk to the remote possibility that she might still be in her window period where she has been recently HIV infected and therefore would still test HIV-antibody negative despite being HIV-infected. (This period is defined as the first three months following primary HIV infection.) Consequently, the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this event. A single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark will provide you with a definitive and conclusive result.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative. I'm quite confident it indeed will be negative.

OT: Pregnancy
Want to say thanks