syringe on bus seat ?

Hi I was recently taking the bus (a double decker) and I was getting along fine sitting downstairs at the back of the bus until we were about to get off at my stop when a man came down in front of me from the upstairs and told the driver he saw a syringe lying on the back seat upstairs and he should report it. Then I got off the bus and then became extremely paranoid that I had sat on a syringe.... but I didn't feel anything and if there had of been a syringe on the seat downstairs too I would have seen it but I started to panic I suffer from these thoughts alot and sometimes think I had been struck with a syringe and I would get hiv I have a really big phobia of getting hiv. Would hiv be transmitted this way by just being stuck with a syringe lying on a seat?

You "became extremely paranoid that (you) had sat on a syringe but didn't feel anything . . . ." Hmm. Dude, when's the last time you can remember someone jamming a steel needle into your gluteus maximus and you not noticing???? Still not convinced? Well, why not do your own little experiment. Get a sterile needle, position it on a sofa and then do a tush-push until you impale your heinie. Let me know if you feel it, OK? Your HIV risk is nonexistent, but your irrational fears are very real indeed. Consider getting counseling (psychotherapy) to help you confront these totally unwarranted worries.

Cher beau Docteur : Suis-je paranoaque ou réaliste ?
Castlemans Link