Should I postpone HIV test?
Jan 22, 2010
I'm scheduled to get an hiv test in a couple of days, but am currently suffering from a sinus infection. Since sinus infections are often due to a virus, would this increase my chance of getting a false positive on an ELISA anitbody test? Many thanks!
Response from Dr. Frascino
Sinus infections will not affect HIV-antibody test results. No way. No how.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- What Does It Mean When You Are Exposed To A Std?
- ARE SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES IN THE GROIN VISIBLE?
- Can You Get Hiv From Giving Oral To A Girl?
- Hand Job With Suspected Vaginal Fluids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.