Quick Oral sex

Dear Doctor Robert,

I am writing this question to you the 2nd time around now since the first one you did not reply back to me.

I appreciate a lot if you could reply back since I am in distress and worried about what had happened to me last Dec 25, 2009. This is the 1st time i have been with a man after my husband died couple of years ago.

I made a quick oral sex with this long time Mr.Friend of mine last Dec.25, 2009. He cum on my mouth but I did not swallowed it and washed right away my mouth. I do not have any infective gum at all. He told me he is negative on HIV but I am doubthful of what he is saying. Up to this time, its my 4th week now, I do not experienced any fever, swollen lymph nodes, nausea, muscle and joint pain , sore throat but this week(4th) I got 3 small itchy sores like pimple size on the lower right side of my mouth which apprears unusual to me and also experiencing 2 times bowel movement a day but seems not diarrhea since its not watery.

I am so scared and so distress as I keep on thinking about it and the result of my doings and could not sleep and eat nowadays normally.

Kindly enlightened me temporary now to ease my worriness and distessed and I will do a check up after I go back to my home country.

Can you also let me know where to donate nor an account number for me to sent my donations.

Appreciate all your thougths and information to be advise to me.

Problem Lady.

Hi Problem Lady,

Your HIV-acquisition risk is negligible at best. Receptive oral sex carries only a very low risk for contracting the virus.

Your symptoms are not at all worrisome for (or even suggestive of) HIV acute retroviral syndrome (ARS).

To put your (unwarranted) worries permanently to rest, I'd suggest you get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive. I"m very confident your test will be negative.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). The foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Thank you for your donation. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test is negative.

Good luck. Be well.

Now that's a tough question
HIV symptoms