To What Degree? I can Do? And Where Can I Donate?

Dr Bob,

I hope you do not find this a silly question. I am a bit worried about this.

I met a friend of a friend at a restraunt last night. To be polite I shhook his hand. During the conversation he told me he was HIV positive. He had some scratches or maybe like a paper cut on his hand, on the top of his finger above his nail. On the pinky finger he had another nick he did not know how or when he got that.

Being in cold weather here, My hand are cracked to the point of sometimes they bleed. I wore a bandage over one of my hands that were like that from an incident yesterday. On my pinky finger, I have a little bit of skin pulled back to where it stings a bit, but even under a magnifying glass I see no blood but it does sting. When I got a glass of water and lemon and squeeaed the lemon, I could feel a little sting from the lemon juice. So, instead of dragging on I have 3 questions for you?

1.) MY PINKY WAS NOT COVERED at the time or during the handshake. What are any and all chances of getting HIV from this person? 2.) Do I need testing, I tested in December and am a Negative person.

3.) My anxiety is running wild because of the pinky finger being sensative to lemon juice which means I must of had some sensative tissue there under some pulled back skin. No bandaid. Is there anything I should worry about?

4.) Do I need to be freaked out and get another test over this?

5.) Do I have anything, Anything to have anxiety at all about in this particular isolated incident.

I'm sorry for rambling, but I wish nobdy had this level of anxiety. I hope you can ease my worriness.

I WILL DONATE IF YOU GIVE ME AN ADDRESS to send my donation to.

Thank you for your work, time and addressing my question in advance.

You're the Best Dr. Bob, Victoria

Hello Victoria,

You have "3 questions," but you list five! What's up with that?

1. Nonexistent.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

5. No.

Relax Victoria. Your HIV-acquisition risk is completely nonexistent. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No HIV testing is warranted.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). The foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying.

Medic worried Sick :Body Lotion +Condom + Receptive anal with ejaculation [ no other similar questions]
Will HINI Vaccination casued my HIV test result to be fault negative?