clarification from medical school text books :)

Hello Dr. Franscino, If possiable I would love if you could clear something up for all us worried wells. I have read in several of my medical text books and in our med school lectures that a large number of people may infact be infected with HIV however remain seronegitive on an antibody test for as long as 36 months? You helped me alot in the past after I had what I thought was surley HIV. However, I tested HIV viral load negitive (10weeks past expouser) and antidody negitive ~11 months past.(it was oral and vaginal unprotected sex) despite ~ 1 cm generalized lymphadenapthy (classified as shotty by Docs. I wanted to re-test but have been refraining for the sake of my sanity ect.

All and all I would love to have your expertise thoughts on this matter, I understand this is a very small percentage however, it is what we are being tought. my medical school professor just said" well there are documented cases" not much help right ? lol

your thougths are great thank you :)

future Doc. to be

Hello Future Doc,

Your medical textbooks and lecturers state that "a large number of people may in fact be infected with HIV however remain seronegative on an antibody test for as long as 36 months"???? What???? Where did you say you were going to medical school? Even schools in those square red states in the middle of the country should know better than that! I strongly suggest you continue to challenge both your professors and the medical books that preach such poppycock. Ask to have an HIV specialist lecture to the class. (Choose a physician certified by the American Academy of HIV Medicine.)

Your negative HIV-antibody test at 11 months and undetectable viral load at 10 weeks are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able.

HIV testing and PEP
Do I need to be near medical care for first 7-9 months?