please help 24hr since exposure is Pep warranted?

Hi Dr. Bob I have to let you know that this is my very first time ever being concerned about HIV. I am a nursing student and I come in contact with blood all the time. But what happened to me has freaked me out completely. I went out to eat with my mom while cutting the steak I cut my finger. It was a small but deep cut. I didn't think anything of it because it didn't bleed a lot. So later before leaving I went to go use the restroom I washed my hands then used the restroom my hand were still wet since their wasn't any tissue. So when I went in the stall I closed the stall with my hand that had the cut right on the tip of the finger and to my surprise their was dry blood on the handle I just touched with my new fresh cut.now I am scared that my hands being wet transfered some of the dry blood into my fresh cut! I went to the ER and the nurses thought I was silly for askin that question and even adviced me to change careers since I would get much more blood on my hand! The Doctor on the other hand scared me he said there is a small risk and I should talk to my primary doctor about pep. CDC told me that HIV can't be transferred outside of the human body even if it were wet blood it would have to been comin out directly from the source. But the Doc has me sooo scared your advice would really help pleeaaassee help I promise I will send $100 to your fund.

The ER doctor told you what???? That there was a risk of acquiring HIV from touching dried blood on the handle of a restroom stall door??? WOWZA! Where did he get his medical license? Off eBay perhaps? He obviously is suffering form a severe case of cranio-rectal-inversion. That means he has his head up his butt. Your HIV risk is nonexistent. Neither PEP nor HIV testing nor worry is warranted. If HIV were that easily transmitted, it would have wiped out the planet years ago! You can find many questions similar to yours in the archives of this forum. Have a look. The response is always the same: no risk. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch!

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. Don't let fear of HIV scare you away from your chosen career!

Be well. Stay well. Stop worrying.

Oral with blood in receptive partner mouth
Help please doctor