Dr Bob please clarify my doubts you are the only one i trust

Dear Dr Bob I went to do a full STD check including HIV in a private practice in Perth, Australia. While the Doctor reassured me that i was unlikely to have contracted anything based on the activities i described to him i wanted still to go ahead with the test. The nurse that did the blood test questioned me on fasting. I said to her i hardly had anything in the morning, just a cup of tea with milk and 20 mins before the test i had a glass of milk. The test was performed at 1pm. The nurse was not friendly at all and said to me "Well the test might not be accurate". Once she finished taking my blood out. I wanted to clarify what she said to me but then she said "The test is done" in a rude way. Dr my question is can an HIV test be inaccurate based on the fact that you overfasted? The nurse had no problem taking my blood out. It seems to me what she said was ludicrous. Please confirm my thoughts. I have donated $50 to your foundation. Thank you so much. The results came up as being negative.

Did that clueless nurse's name tag read "Nurse Ratchet" (from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest") perchance? Neither prolonged fasting nor downing 25 Vegemite sandwiches with chips and a pint of Toohey's just prior to getting an HIV test will alter the results! I urge you to report her behavior and anxiety-provoking, blatantly uninformed comments to her supervising physician. Tell him she scared the bejesus out of you and demand she be chastised for her inappropriate behavior.

Congrats on your negative HIV test results. WOO-HOO!

Cheers mate,

HIV and condoms
from U.C can you please answer thank you