6th TRY: not so intact skin (and probably my mind now)

I promise to make a donation online. Please take a look.......

On 23-Dec-2009, I had a mutual masturbation with another guy (a well-endowed South Asian) in a public washroom. And to keep the story short, by accident, my foreskin got cut by the zip of my pants during the process (I became nervous and wary of people walking in). Instantly there was a small scrape/abrasion with small amount of blood. It was an open wound, wasn't it?

My worry is that if that guy's pre-cum or even his semen came into contact with that fresh scrape/abrasion on

my foreskin (ie the guy stroked my dick with his hands with his pre-cum or his semen on it or the guy sprayed

his semen on my penis, etc....), how much would the chance of my getting HIV or other STDs be? Definitely my

foreskin was not intact and the abrasion was an open wound and HIV can go into my body.

I am worried sick. My point is that the abrasion on my foreskin was a fresh one layered with blood, though the

bleeding was minimal and was not profuse. I reckon it was an open wound then.

(1) How is my chance of getting HIV (or other STDs)?

(2) There is an HIV duo test (using '4th generation [assay] combined HIV p24 antigen and HIV antibody tests'). At 28 days, the test result is said to be conclusive. I also know about your insistence of testing at 3-month mark with HIV antibody test (rapid finger-prick style) and I certainly would take the rapid HIV antibody test at 3-month mark for confirmation. Just a period of 3 months is a bit hard to pass by and I want to move on. What do you think about doing that HIV duo test? Are both sensitivity and sepcificity of the test good enough??

(3) I have gone through the search on the forum and found this article which I think is relevant to my

situation. It is 'Increased risk with mutual masturbation? Jan 29, 2008' (copied below). He got a cut on the head of his penis and worried about how likely he would be infected if the precum/semen of the stranger ('another male') came into contact with the cut. Certainly my abrasion by the zip was a lot severe than the 'scab on the head of penis'. There was blood visually for my abrasion though the bleeding was minimal and was not profuse.

Could the below piece help answer (1)?? I have talked about the whole thing to the female nurse of the test centre who told me not to get too worried (actually she said the chance would be extremely slim) because there is not a reported case for getting infected with HIV by mutual masturbation. But I think the skin there was not intact and was bleeding a bit. Should we be worried about not intact skin coming into contact with blood/semen/precum???

Please help and answer, it's been troubling me and I feel like being dragged on heavily....

Thanks A drag getting dragged

***** Increased risk with mutual masturbation? Jan 29, 2008 Dear Dr. Frasccino,

Before I start, I would like to know if you accept British debit cards for donatations? I live in the UK and

don't own a credit card - please let me know if that works as well.

My situation is as follows. I met with another male of unknown HIV status. Trying to play it ""safe"" I

insisted on sticking to oral sex (unprotected) and mutual masturbation. He offered unprotected insertive anal

to me but I refused. That all is still fine. Thing is, he ejaculated before I did. It wasn't working for me, so

for about 5 - 10 minutes I still had to masturbate myself while I still touched his genitals (i.e. probably got

into contact with his semen) and preformed oral again shortly.

After I was done, I cleaned myself off with a towel shortly and went to wash up (I usually wash all areas, but

not sure if I did this time). I did however, take a shower when I got home about 45 minutes later. It was at

that point that I noticed a tiny, cut on the head of my penis (I am circumsized). It scabbed the next day. It

wasn't deep and might have been caused by hitting his teeth not sure.

What are my chances of contracting HIV from this experience? What if his semen was on my hand when I continued

to masturbate myself - which it probably was (wasn't using it as lube, but due to the situation)? I am bisexual

and have sex with women so am EXTREMELY worried that I might pass something on! I obviously won't have

unprotected sex till I am certain. I know my HIV status was negative before that and plan to take a HIV duo

test at six weeks.

Looking forward to your reply and sorry for the long question and all the details.

Thank you for your time.

Best, Marc

Hey Marc,

Your HIV acquisition risk is remote at best. I see absolutely no cause for alarm. A single rapid HIV test is

all you'll need to put any residual HIV fears permanently to rest. I'm very confident the result will be

negative.

Regarding using British debit cards for donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, unfortunately

no, they won't work for online donations. Only PayPal and credit cards are accepted online.

(www.concertedeffort.org) However, you can always send a check or money order via snail mail. Alternatively we

accept direct wire bank transfers (instructions on our Web site), cash, family jewels, gold teeth, oil wells

and diamond mines. So you see, the options are nearly endless. In return I'm sending you my

good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test is negative."

Be well!

Dr. Bob *****

You got your kibble and bits caught in your zipper? OUCHAMAGOUCHA! It's difficult for me to evaluate the damage you did to your Sergeant Pepper over the Internet. However, if the skin was not intact, the wound could be considered open. That said, the chances of acquiring HIV from the activities you describe are remote at best.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. Remote.

2. You report you "know about (my) insistence of testing at three months . . . ." Well, the guidelines haven't changed and neither have my recommendations. A negative 28-day HIV Duo Test would be encouraging, but not conclusive.

3. I agree with the nurse at the test center!

stubborn T-Cells (CD4 COUNTS NOT INCREASING DESPITE UNDETECTABLE VIRAL LOAD, 2010)
What are my chances of having HIV