Finally tested can I whoo hooo - Sleepless in South Africa

Hi Doc Bob

This website has provided me with the courage to finally go and get tested after an incidence of a condom breaking. As I am sure you know HIV is a huge problem in SA and as a result I am always extremely cautious when it comes to sex and protection.

Anyhow I got my results back and the test says ELISA test, result: Non reactive. Which the doctor told me is negative. But then I read through the comments at the bottom of the page and it says something along the lines of "a reactive Elisa test was indicated" but the result definately says Non Reactive, so what does that comment mean? Anyway so I was still not feeling comfortable with the result so I went to a different lab and had another test and this one was an Abott 4 Generation test and the result came back negative.

So can I whoo hoo, am I HIV negative, or do I need to worry about that comment from the first test?

I have no idea what that snippet of a comment means, particularly out of context with the rest of the sentence. But it really doesn't matter, because you are absolutely WOO-HOO-able, assuming you tested at least three months from your broken-condom incident.

Congrats! Be well.

Going mad
(HUMAN) immunodeficency virus