Going mad

Hello Doctor,

Is there any possibility of getting infected by a lab technician who wants to inject people with the virus she has by storing her blood in the syringe needle (not in the tube, because one can see it) and then injecting it when someone goes into the lab for a HIV test.

Doc, I am asking you this question because of my fear that I have lived with for over five months now and even for the slightest of changes in my body and skin I go for an test and its all been negative. There are days when I have got tested myself twice in a day for not trusting one lab and to get counter that if it comes wrong.

My suspicion is killing me and every time my fear and anxiety goes up, I think its because of that. Other wise physically I am fine.

Also please suggest me a good physiatrist who I can personally contact. The physiatrists I have been meeting were of not much help to me. Please, please answer my first half of the question so that it gives me 99% relief and guarantee that I would not be infected that way.

Regards Sanju

Hello Sanju,

You're worried about psychotic HIV-infected lab technician psychopaths storing their HIV-tainted blood in syringes and then randomly injecting folks who come to the lab for HIV testing? And as a result of this fear, you get HIV tested multiple times, sometimes twice in the same day, because you don't trust one lab? Hmm. Sang, you title your post "Going Mad." What do you mean "going?" You're already flakier than Christmas pie crust. Yep, totally looney tunes.

I cannot recommend a good psychiatrist for you for several reasons. First and foremost, I have absolutely no idea where you live. If I recommended a shrink in San Francisco and you happened to live in New Delhi, that probably would be a bit inconvenient. Don't cha think?

Second, I don't like to give specific names on this site. When I've done so in the past, it's resulted in a tremendous influx of similar questions from folks throughout the cyber-universe, and I really don't know any good proctologists in Zimbabwe! There is no doubt you are in desperate need of psychiatric help. I urge you to continue to look there for help with your totally irrational HIV fears.

Dr. Bob, i have a specific concern which is going on my mind, and only a specialist can answer it. Thank you.
Finally tested can I whoo hooo - Sleepless in South Africa