5th TRY Sponge Bob WART Pants Needs YOU!

Hi Doc this is my 5th time trying. Please answer. I had an exposure (vaginal sex) with CSW 27 months ago. I tested negative for HIV and all STDS with blood tests at 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, 12 month, and 18 month. I suffer from OCD and have sought cancelling and medicine over past 2 years. In past 12 months I only tested 1 time! MAJOR improvements after testing 10+ times over the first year following possible exposure with blood and rapid tests. This past month I noticed some bumps in my genital area one in pubic hair and one spot on penis that looks like white scars. I went to dermatologist and he said pubic bump may be a wart and wasnt sure of bump on penis (biopsy with results yet to come). I was diagnosed in 2004 with HPV after my girlfriend at the time had an irregular Pap Smear and I had some bumps discovered and tested with vinegar. The doc assured me they would go away and they did in 2007with NO bumps found over past 2 years until just last month. From 2007 (right after CSW incident) to today, I have only had one partner and she has no irregular Pap Smear and has only had one prior partnerwhich makes it hard to imagine I got a new case of HPV from her.

Questions based on above: 1) could bumps/ HPV from 2004 return 5 years later? Is this a sign I have a weak immune system and need further HIV testing? 2) What in the heck is going on with me? I have been told in past unless medical history suggests otherwise no further testing is warranted. Does this change my medical history? 3) I had a CBC done in August when I had bad chest pains and hospital results were flagged though my physician told me it was no big deal. WBC 4.2 mill/ uL; RBC 4.10 mill/ uL; HGB 13.3 g/dL; HCT 37.6%, MCH 32.3pg

Please let me know your thoughts. I am dying for some expert advice. PLEASE.

Hello Sponge Bob WART Pants,

1. Yes, HPV is often recurrent! It is not a sign of a weak immune system or indicative of the need for repeat testing.

2. No. You were diagnosed with HPV in 2004 and have recently had a recurrence. You remain HIV negative.

3. I agree with your doctor: No big deal!

I think you are amazing!!!
unprotected sex