What do you think?

For the past 4-5 months I have been going through the process of testing and retesting due to a pos Elisa, neg WB. Then I retested at the 3 month mark and it was a pos Elisa and Indeterminate WB. I ended up going to an ID MD and he did a DNA PCR test. He called me a few days later and said that I was "in the clear". Apparently, all the viral markers came back at way under the 48 marker. My last possible day of exposure was 8/21/2009 and I did the PCR test was Dec 1, 2009. I asked the MD if I should have the HIV testing done again in a month as my PCP wanted me to do after the indeterminate result at the end of November. I just went to retest a couple days ago and Im wondering what the chances are that my results will come back pos? Its just that the 1st one was neg, then indeterminate, so Im nervous that this one will come back pos...just seems like the direction its going in...Im pretty confident that its going to either be neg or indeterminate again since I had the DNA PCR test and that was neg. Its all so much to take in, just trying to wrap my head around it. Thanks for your time Doc!

Worried76

Hi Worried 76,

I completely agree with the infectious disease doctor. You are definitively and conclusively not infected with HIV. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted. It's quite likely you will continue to test "indeterminate," due to any of a variety of reasons. However, your undetectable qualitative HIV DNA PCR can be considered definitive proof of your negative status. You can read more about false positives and indeterminate HIV-antibody test results in the archives of this forum. Have a look!

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed "well.")

Dr. Bob, got the letter from you during christmas.
can a person go from aids back to hiv