Need help to keep sanity

Ingenious Doc,

Your work for helping others in need is appreciable beyond words and rewards. This site has kept me sane but still getting freaked every now and then. I recently had protected sex with CSW from Lithuania and scared of following possible exposure 1. I bite her nipple quite strongly once out of passion, she asked me to slow down, from then I just slowly sucked without biting. [Question: what if my bite has drawn a drop of blood? how much of risk is that with my bleeding gums?]

2. From the tissue she used to clean her vagina I found blood spots, which totally freaked me out!! So I removed the condoms after penetration and cautiously without spilling semen filled with very small amount of water from base till middle, I could not see any leak. [Binned it ASAP] [Question: Later realized I did not fill the entire condom with water or apply any pressure/squeeze and wait to see any leak for minute tears/holes, so I'm worried if that water test was accurate enough? what if I missed a tear near the ring of the condom and how much risk would that be in getting the blood down to penis head?]

Please reply and send your good luck karma to stay negative.

I have donated $80 via paypal to your organisation for your great work.

KSV.

Hello KSV,

Your fears are unwarranted.

1. The nipple nibble is unlikely to have drawn enough blood to be a significant HIV-acquisition risk.

2. When a condom fails (breaks), it is generally very noticeable. (See below.)

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly appreciated.

If my reassurance is not enough for you to shake your worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative. But if it helps to put your fears permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically.

Good luck. Be well.

Please I need your Opinion. Will donate Jan 9, 2010

Dear Dr. Bob,

I had protected Vaginal with a CSW. After we finished we noticed that there was a piece of the condom wrapper inside the condom.

What are the chanced the wrapper could have poked a hole in the condom and the virus got though?

A couple of weeks later I started feeling body aches, and could feel a couple of swollen glands in my neck. Not swollen enough to see them, just felt them. I also started noticing some small flesh colored spots on my face under my eyes and along side my nose. I never noticed a fever, but I didn't take my temp every day.

A couple of weeks before I started taking Zoloft for anxiety, so I guess maybe that could be causing some of my symptoms? It's been about 9 weeks since exposure and I still see the spots on my face and have body aches.

I also wanted to say that I think you are amazing. You have been facing HIV for many years, yet you still have a positive happy attitude. Do you feel like sharing any of your story? Did you have ARS symptoms, and what were they like? Do you have any side effects from meds?

Thank you very much, Scaredsilly

Hi Scared Silly,

A piece of the condom wrapper wound up inside the condom during your nookie? Hmm. And folks wonder what I mean about "proper condom use!" Although a piece of foil might be rather uncomfortable, I doubt it poked a hole in your rubber raincoat. When condoms break, they usually do so very dramatically. It's not a subtle occurrence. Remember, the condom is stretched tight over a throbbing (hopefully hard) tallywhacker and there is all that in-and-out action/friction going on. If the condom sprouts a leak for any reason, it generally tears wide open and Mr. Happy's head comes popping out just like your head pops out of a turtleneck sweater.

I agree your anxiety is the most likely culprit causing your symptoms.

As for sharing my story, well, I've already discussed it at length previously in this forum and elsewhere. Also, as of next week, I'll be writing a blog for The Body. Chances are I'll discuss pertinent aspects of my experience there as well.

Be well. Stay well. Happy 2010.

Female Condom + Male Condom = ?
Inconclusive Hep C result part 3 - The saga