Please I need your Opinion. Will donate

Dear Dr. Bob,

I had protected Vaginal with a CSW. After we finished we noticed that there was a piece of the condom wrapper inside the condom.

What are the chanced the wrapper could have poked a hole in the condom and the virus got though?

A couple of weeks later I started feeling body aches, and could feel a couple of swollen glands in my neck. Not swollen enough to see them, just felt them. I also started noticing some small flesh colored spots on my face under my eyes and along side my nose. I never noticed a fever, but I didn't take my temp every day.

A couple of weeks before I started taking Zoloft for anxiety, so I guess maybe that could be causing some of my symptoms? It's been about 9 weeks since exposure and I still see the spots on my face and have body aches.

I also wanted to say that I think you are amazing. You have been facing HIV for many years, yet you still have a positive happy attitude. Do you feel like sharing any of your story? Did you have ARS symptoms, and what were they like? Do you have any side effects from meds?

Thank you very much, Scaredsilly

Hi Scared Silly,

A piece of the condom wrapper wound up inside the condom during your nookie? Hmm. And folks wonder what I mean about "proper condom use!" Although a piece of foil might be rather uncomfortable, I doubt it poked a hole in your rubber raincoat. When condoms break, they usually do so very dramatically. It's not a subtle occurrence. Remember, the condom is stretched tight over a throbbing (hopefully hard) tallywhacker and there is all that in-and-out action/friction going on. If the condom sprouts a leak for any reason, it generally tears wide open and Mr. Happy's head comes popping out just like your head pops out of a turtleneck sweater.

I agree your anxiety is the most likely culprit causing your symptoms.

As for sharing my story, well, I've already discussed it at length previously in this forum and elsewhere. Also, as of next week, I'll be writing a blog for The Body. Chances are I'll discuss pertinent aspects of my experience there as well.

Be well. Stay well. Happy 2010.

French Kissing Risk: Should I ask my Magic 8 ball?
Insertive Oralisterine Sex, Dry Cough, Chest Pains (LISTERINE 2010)