Any chance of a 2010 breakthrough

on a vaccine or cure for Hiv? I have a feeling the answer is no. I hope you are well, Bobby Bob, with a viral load of -0- and high c4 count. You are an angel in our midst. Don't ever leave us.

We can and should always hope for a breakthrough. However, if you're asking if I see a cure or vaccine on the near (or even distant) horizon, unfortunately no, I do not. If we invested the necessary talent and resources and had a clear vision, a firm unified and committed plan of action, and the determined leadership we need, we could defeat this scourge. Unfortunately the kind of commitment and resources we are pouring into the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are sorely lacking when it comes to battling HIV/AIDS. We must all continue to do our part with courage and conviction while we encourage our leaders to take more decisive action. The Coalition for a National AIDS Strategy appointed by President Obama is developing a strategic plan that should be unveiled soon. Let's hope this will be a major step forward.

As for leaving you, I have no plans to do that any time soon. In fact, you'll be seeing more of me! The Body has finally convinced me to begin a blog. The first installment will be launched next week.

Happy, health 2010 to one and all.

Frohes Neues Jahr aus Kln
The real meaning of undetectable (UNDETECTABLE VIRAL LOAD, 2010)