Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Any chance of a 2010 breakthrough
Jan 9, 2010

on a vaccine or cure for Hiv? I have a feeling the answer is no. I hope you are well, Bobby Bob, with a viral load of -0- and high c4 count. You are an angel in our midst. Don't ever leave us.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

We can and should always hope for a breakthrough. However, if you're asking if I see a cure or vaccine on the near (or even distant) horizon, unfortunately no, I do not. If we invested the necessary talent and resources and had a clear vision, a firm unified and committed plan of action, and the determined leadership we need, we could defeat this scourge. Unfortunately the kind of commitment and resources we are pouring into the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are sorely lacking when it comes to battling HIV/AIDS. We must all continue to do our part with courage and conviction while we encourage our leaders to take more decisive action. The Coalition for a National AIDS Strategy appointed by President Obama is developing a strategic plan that should be unveiled soon. Let's hope this will be a major step forward.

As for leaving you, I have no plans to do that any time soon. In fact, you'll be seeing more of me! The Body has finally convinced me to begin a blog. The first installment will be launched next week.

Happy, health 2010 to one and all.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Frohes Neues Jahr aus Kln
Next
The real meaning of undetectable (UNDETECTABLE VIRAL LOAD, 2010)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.