|Good Luck Karma Worked
Jan 8, 2010
Except I think the test is premature it's 10 weeks instead of twelve and the councilor didn't seem worried he said it's fourth generation so at 3 weeks it's even 80%.
Shall I retest?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Ten weeks is two weeks short of the three-month guideline. Why did you jump the gun? Whether you retest is up to you. What I can do is advise you that the current guidelines continue to state that HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not definitive.
As for your "80%" statistic, I cannot confirm that figure. Plus it's worth noting that "80%" would still miss one out of every five HIV infections!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Testing Using Elisa At 4 Weeks
- Lifestyle Habits That Can Reduce The Risk Of Getting Hepatitis
- Can I Do The Master Colon Cleanse While Taking Hiv Medications?
- Do Inmates Contracted Hiv Because Of Consensual Sex While Incarcerated In The Us?
- Do You Get Hiv The First Time?
- Does Soaking Feet In Hot Water Improve Neuropathy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.