Perhaps not suitable for general distribution...

Dear Frascino

I am bothered by your handling of people who write with what appear to be irrational concerns about nontraditional routes of contracting HIV. Some of the questions you get are quite fanciful. Some suggest jokestering. However, many of these questions bely symptoms of OCD, which is a treatable illness that has devastating consequences for its sufferers whether treated or not. I would have hoped and thought that someone in your position would have better education about these matters, and if not, I'm sure someone from the Obsessive Compulsive Foundation can help you out. The HIV obsession essentially has replaced the rabies obsession of the 70s. It is among the most difficult OCD symptoms to treat. Greater senstivity to this would likely be appreciated by many of your readers.

You think someone from the Obsessive Compulsive Foundation could help me show greater sensitivity toward OCDers??? Perhaps, but remember, this is an HIV information Web site. I'm not attempting to provide free psychotherapy to zany loony tunes whack-jobs. Oops, I mean the "common sense challenged community."

Just got tested
HIVers Charged with Bio-Terrorism