Superinfection by Positive Partner

My partner and I are both positive. However, I have been positive for 1 year and he's been positive for 6 years. I am undetectable with cd4 of 540 (taking Truvada and Isentress, although my kidney levels have spiked a little, my doctor is concerned that Truvada could be the culprit). He told me he was undetectable, yet he's been on meds off and on. Am I in danger of being superinfected if we have unprotected insertive sex? What are the chances of me contracting a virus more dangerous than the K103N virus I have been diagnosed with?

I've discussed this topic many times in this forum. Consequently I'll only respond briefly and then refer you to the archives for a more detailed response if needed, OK?

Commando-Rambo-barebacking is risky for a number of reasons:

Superinfection (dual infection) is indeed a possibility. Exactly how often this occurs is difficult to determine. It seems to be more common in early HIV disease. This risk, great or small, remains easily preventable by using condoms for penetrative sex. The consequences of a superinfection can be catastrophic. Why risk it?

Other STDs are out there and cannot only make life miserable, but can also result in a spike in HIV viral replication and loss of viral control.

Bottom line: Protect your bottom (and your top).

Be well. Stay well.

I'M GOING BACK TO DATING MIDGETS...... I'M NUTS OVER THEM
Neurological symptoms/swollen glands....ARS?